Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Presenting: Grace by the Wonderful Stevie MacFarlane



Tonight I am proud to present the second book in the Marriage Market series. For your reading edification, here's a tasty little snippet; just enough I hope to encourage you to click on one of those lovely buy links at the bottom of the page:
 
      “How did you find us, Mr. Blackthorn?  Any paid assassins lurking about?”
    “Miss Lane, you wound me,” Jonah said, patting his chest.  “As a gentleman, I feel bound to assist a damsel in distress.  I am here to offer my services in protecting your dear friend, Miss Wentworth.”
    “Actually, Mr. Blackthorn, we weren’t in distress until you appeared,” Grace spat nearly quivering with anger.   “I would have thought being bested by two helpless women, ‘damsels in distress’, would be enough for any man.  Perhaps you’d better stay away from the ship’s rail on this voyage unless you’re a very strong long-distance swimmer.”
    Watching his lips thin, Grace smiled in delight.
    “Believe me, Grace, you only got away with what happened in Omaha because I didn’t want to hurt you or your partner in crime.  If you’d been men, the outcome would have been very different, I can assure you.”
    “Sounds like sour grapes to me, Effie,” she said with a pitying expression.  “It’s sad when a man is so insecure he can’t admit to being beaten at his own game.  Coffee, Mr. Blackthorn?”
    “No one’s been beaten,” he growled, “at least not yet, but there’s a good chance a couple of young ladies may yet get their bustles blistered.”
    “Ah, resorting to threats is usually a man’s last alternative,” Effie said with fake sympathy as she patted his hand.  “I’ll have some coffee, Grace.”
    “Listen you two; I’m trying to help you.”
    “Help us what, Mr. Blackthorn?  Put five thousand dollars in your pocket?”



Author Bio:
Best-selling author, Stevie MacFarlane, lives in Upstate New York with her husband of many years.  They have a huge, close-knit family and frequently host twenty-five or more guests for dinner on weekends and holidays.  She currently has 16 books out, including two very popular series, Sugar Babies and The O’Malley’s.  To explain her writing preference she used a quote from her Amazon Author’s Page.
“All of my books are romances. I like a lot of conversation, a bit of humor, some fairly hot sex and spanking. If you're into whips and chains, these probably aren't for you. However, if you've ever watched a movie where the leading lady is being a perfect bitch and you feel like yelling at the leading man, "Oh my God, spank her you fool!" these might be right up your alley.”

Buy Links:
Barnes & Noble


You can find Stevie on:
Twitter:  @steviemac1175





 

No comments:

Post a Comment