Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

An Interview With Jessica Brand, Author of Laura's Longing


A few weeks ago I shared with you some delectable snippets out of Laura's Longing, a work of erotic fiction by Jessica Brand. But tonight I can go one better, for I have the lovely lady here on my couch!

So Jessica, how did you become a writer? I have harbored an urge to be a writer for many years, figuring I could write as well as many published authors but never having the wherewithal to actually see a story through to completion. When I finally did, I found that people actually liked it and I have continued ever since. That's pretty cool! I know a lot of aspiring authors in the same boat.  I think its great when they hear professional writers go through more or less the same hurdles when they start out.  
So how many books have you written? Are they all spanking fiction? I now have six published books under two pseudonyms – Jessica Brand and R. R. Greaves. They all have elements of spanking in them but they tend to be more into BDSM, power and control and are quite explicit.
 
That leads me nicely into my next question. The BDSM world is certainly center stage at the moment. Are you okay in your kink or do you ever feel uncomfortable sharing? I embrace my kink. After keeping it repressed for many years, I realized that you only live once. Just about everyone has fantasies and many of them are about things we would not normally share with family and friends. What goes on between two consenting adults is nobody else’s business and hence the biggest decision should revolve around whether one wants to act out their fantasy or whether they want to keep it in their mind. Once that decision has been made, it’s easy.  I couldn't agree more!
So if it's not too indelicate a question, where do you find inspiration for your stories? When you write, do you ever model any characters after actual people? My inspiration comes from my own fantasies and experiences then I weave them into a story that, hopefully people can relate to. I want people to read my stories and be able to imagine themselves in the thick of the action – either as the dominant character or as the submissive. Some but not all of my characters are modelled on real people I’ve met and played with.
 
Well thank you, Jessica! We've enjoyed "having you" on my couch and best wishes for your book, Laura's Longing!

Want to buy Laura's Longing? You can get them by clicking these purchase links!

Author Bio:

Jessica Brand is a pseudonym for a writer based in Sydney, Australia. She has a number of books published under different pen names, all of them containing elements of BDSM, power and control. Much of what she writes about comes from her experience over many years, both as a Dominant and as a submissive and as her stories unfold you will find yourself "living" the scene. 

If power and sexual control are not your thing, it might be better to seek your reading enjoyment elsewhere. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Heather Hart

No comments:

Post a Comment