Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Presenting: Ways of the West, by the Spanktastic, Kelly Dawson

Today's guest interviewee is the amazing author from New Zealand, Kelly Dawson. Kelly confesses she loves to get lost in a good book - preferably a rural romance where a strong woman falls in love with a ruggedly-handsome, tough but gentle cowboy. Her books explore this fantasy, embellished with a touch of spanking! Naughty!
 
Are you like any of your heroines?
Parts of me are, yes. Both mostly, my heroines are a mix of myself, people I know, and the completely made-up.
How many books have you written? Are they all spanking fiction?
 
I have 3 books published now, heaps that are in various stages of progress, and heaps more ideas swirling around in my head. No, they’re not all spanking fiction, but they’re all romance. Although it will be a while before something that isn’t spanking fiction will be published.
 
What is the best thing you have done in your life?
 
Marrying my wonderful husband and having my 4 beautiful children. They are what makes my life worth living.
Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours
I have Tourette’s Syndrome. So while the strange things I do aren’t exactly habits, it looks like they are. Other than my visible tics, I have to peg all my washing on the line using color-coordinated pegs, and things must be hung up a certain way. If anyone helps me hang out the washing it drives me insane, because I’m going along after them, “fixing” it all LOL.
Tea or coffee?
Coffee. Vanilla latte, preferably.
 
Social Media Links:  
 










 

And now a little snippet from the book!


Jessica was enjoying watching the shocked, but delighted, expression on Johnny’s face as she stepped out of the borrowed dress to reveal short, sexy drawers that had been the height of fashion back home in Boston, but which were still considered scandalous among decent company. She left the gown and petticoats in a puddle on the floor at her feet and shimmied out of her undergarments, standing completely naked before him in the dim glow cast by the lantern on the table by the bed. She’d never been naked in front of a man before but the excitement of the wedding was making her brave.

           

Johnny whistled softly through his teeth, stepping forward to place his hands gently on her waist, drawing her into him. “You are beautiful,” he whispered into her hair.

           

Jessica’s hands went to the front of Johnny’s pants where she urgently fumbled with the buttons with clumsy fingers. She wanted him naked, too. Groaning in frustration at the tight buttons that wouldn’t come undone, she moved her fingers to his chest, undoing his shirt instead. These buttons opened easily and she trailed her fingers inside his shirt, along the hard muscles of his chest. Pushing the shirt back off his shoulders she brushed her lips against the light smattering of hair she found there, pulling his shirt off completely and discarding it carelessly on top of her own pile of clothing.

           

 “Here, let me,” Johnny murmured, brushing her hands away from his jeans, undoing them for her. She gasped when his erection sprang free, then reached out to touch it gingerly.
         
 “It’s so big,” she breathed. “Are you sure it will fit?”



And that's where we're going to leave it for now. If you want to read more - click here and whizz over to Amazon!

Best regards,

Heather


1 comment: