Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Interview with Kallista Dane - His to Command


Hi Kallista;
 
Tell us a little bit about your new book!

My new book is an erotic Sci-fi adventure.  There’s a strong heroine on a secret mission to a distant planet, an Alpha warrior determined to master her, lots of spanking and some very naughty anal play!  
Has your writing changed and evolved over time?

My first book was published exactly two years ago.  His To Command is number fourteen and I’m on the very last chapter of my next one already.  I’d say the biggest change in what I write is in the way my characters develop.  I’m a lot more relaxed with them now, trusting that they will grow and change as the story builds.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I love doing research when I write, even though 95% of what I learn never makes it into my books.  In Captured and Examined, I had to find out enough about quantum physics to create a plausible explanation for how my heroine traveled through time.  For His To Command, I researched “Goldilocks planets.”  That’s what astrophysicists call distant planets that aren’t too hot or too cold.  Like Neodyma in my book, they might be “just right” for life to exist.

Weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
I was a guest at a ceremonial dinner in China and one of the dishes they brought us was a platter of roasted birds. They were tiny little things, like sparrows, all laid out in a row with their beaks and their little feet sticking straight up in the air and their wings folded over their breasts.  I took one to be polite but I just couldn’t bring myself to eat it!

What is your favorite movie?

I’ve gotta say Ghost with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze.  The song in it “Unchained Melody” is our song and even after all these years, my husband gets up and dances to it with me.  The movie is funny and sad and suspenseful all at once.  I still cry every time I watch it!

What specific thing have you done that impressed yourself?

I grew up uncoordinated and lousy at sports.  So for me my biggest accomplishment was skiing China Bowl in Vail, a black diamond run, after I learned to ski in my 30’s.  It was exhilarating!

And now for an except from the book - His to Command

The young woman carried a pitcher and bowl and a large basket covered with a black cloth.  She spoke softly without making eye contact.
“It is time to prepare you for your punishment.”
“I am called AJ.  What is your name?”
“Harlot.”
If she was to successfully penetrate the young woman’s mind, AJ needed to create
a bond with her.  “Surely you have some name other than that,” she replied, her voice gentle.
    The young woman glanced around the room nervously.  “Once…once this Harlot was known as Dianna.”
    AJ perched gingerly on the edge of one of the hard wooden chairs, motioning for the young woman to join her.
    “You say you are a Harlot.  I’ve been told I am to be one as well, Dianna.  Can you explain to me what that means?”
    The woman stared dully at the wall, replying in a sing-song tone, as though repeating a speech she’d learned by rote.  “Harlots serve at the pleasure of their masters.  We have no duty but to please them, no desires but their desires, no will but what they will us to do.”
    Carefully, AJ sent out her power, probing the mind of the woman in front of her.  She got back an agonizing wave of hopelessness.  Below it, lay only sorrow.  No spark of vitality, no essence of free will, no semblance of independent thought remained in this woman.  It was as though she had entered a mind that was nothing more than an empty shell.
    She sighed.  Nothing in her training had prepared her for this.  Her mental skills were proving worthless in this culture.
    “Can you tell me what they’re going to do to me tonight?”
    Once again the woman replied by rote, parroting the words the General had uttered as though she’d been there in the room to hear them.
“At nightfall, this Harlot will be brought into the square, stripped naked in front of all the men in Petra, and receive twenty strokes from the High Priest with the Instrument of Correction.  Then General Tok will award this Harlot to a Master for the night, as his gift, to discipline her privately before using her in any way he chooses.”


Buy Links


Amazon


Barnes and Noble


AllRomance eBooks


Kallista’s Bio
           Like my ancestor Scheherezade, I cannot sing or dance or paint.  I have but one talent.  I am a weaver of words.  I love to tell stories of strong women and the even stronger men who suddenly show up in their lives when they expect it least and need it most.
           As a little girl I was afraid to take risks.  But when I grew up, I vowed never to let the thrills in life pass me by because of fear.  Since then, I’ve walked on the Great Wall of China, gone scuba diving in underwater caves, and skied a black diamond run in Vail. But the greatest risk I’ve taken is sharing my naughtiest secret fantasies in the books I write.
          
   
Kallista’s Blog    http://kallistadane.blogspot.com/


Kallista’s Facebook page -  https://www.facebook.com/kallista.dane.5




Thanks for reading!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment